Here are a few common solutions if you are having difficulties connecting to 'nyu'
- Have you activated your NYU account? If not, please head to and complete the registration process (it can take between 2-4 hours after registering or changing an NYUHome password to successful authenticate to 'nyu').
- Have you recently changed your NYUHome credentials? If so, you will need to enter your current password to connect.
- The majority of wireless issues can be resolved by removing 'nyu' as a known network and adding it again with the proper configuration by following the instructions below.
NYU participates in the eduroam global wifi network for academic institutions. You can connect to the eduroam wifi network at any other participating institution with using your NYU credentials.
- Select eduroam from the list of available wifi networks.
- Enter your NetID@nyu.edu (e.g. email@example.com) and your NYU password.
Note: You should remove eduroam from your saved wifi networks before returning to the NYU campus or your device(s) may connect to that instead of the regular NYU wifi network which may limit your access to some online NYU resources.